Thursday 17 December 2015

Welcoming Carole Irving to bGallery


Working with acrylic paint in vibrant colour which is applied by knife, I create floral themed paintings on canvas. Based in Dorset I work from my garden studio overlooking the Frome valley. I work with multiple layers of colour which are added and then removed to create depth of colour and texture.
 As a passionate gardener I use my garden as an inspiration for my paintings, alongside the Dorset landscape and the gardens I have visited. Clients often commission me to paint elements of their gardens or favourite plants and flowers.
I'm an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society and a Professional Associate at the Society for All Artists. In 2014 I was named the Aspire Magazine Group 'Acrylic Artist of the Year. My photographic work is used in books, newsprint and magazines and in advertising around the world.
As a tutor I teach adult learners at all levels of experience in workshops and on a one to one basis. I make presentations to art groups and run workshops on request. I have used art therapeutically with people experiencing mental health issues and with people with learning difficulties and physical impairments.
I exhibit my work in galleries and local exhibitions including Bridport and West Dorset Open Studios.
Having painted since childhood I come from a family 'sprinkled' with artists from whom I learned many of the core skills,  I have attended art workshops and courses with a varied range of professional artists including The Newlyn School of Art in Cornwall.


My photography website is www.catswhiskersphotography.co.uk
Twitter I tweet as @allergictonuts



No comments:

Post a Comment