Thursday 17 December 2015

David Oatley's New Artwork ...

DAVID OATLEY 21-10-1950. Yes 63, Self taught artist. Originally from Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Educated at Wells Cathedral School where I developed a love of painting, especially architectural scenes and landscapes. I was lucky enough to be taught by Peter Coate, a well known landscape painter. After leaving school and college, I spent 38 years in the construction industry. In the year 2000, I started to become very ill and by 2008 had to stop work because of a very debilitating muscle wasting disease. From then on I took up water colour painting, and have, I think improved year on year. I have now sold painting, internationally, nationally and have become well known in the North Cotswolds, which is now very much my home. I am surrounded by wonderful architecture and beautiful rolling hills every one a painting. I am now very disabled and add to my limited income, by selling my, originals, prints, postcards, blank cards and very importantly commissions of landscapes and architecture, at the moment my commission rate is a very palatable £250.00. I hope to receive many commissions. I just can't stop painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment