Saturday 19 December 2015

Scott Bateman and his Colourful Artwork

Scott Bateman


Originally from Birmingham, I currently live in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK and have been quite successful over the past few years, selling to various galleries and private collectors in the UK.

I graduated from Lancaster University and gained a BA Honours in illustration.

The best part about being an artist is the enjoyment I get from my work. When I complete a piece of work, it's always a great feeling to take a step back and feel happy about what I've just created. When others appreciate my artwork and the effort that goes into it, then that makes it all worthwhile.
My work can be described as colourful, vibrant and quite quirky, and my main influential artists include Doug Hyde, Mackenzie Thorpe, Peter Smith and Paul Horton. I paint in oil on canvas and have had some success in selling originals and commissions through my website and other various online galleries. I've also gained steady popularity and built up a small but ever-expanding customer base over the past eight years.
I completed a BA Honours in Illustration at Lancaster University in 1997, then moved back to my home town of Birmingham and subsequently decided to pursue a career in graphic design as a design studio manager, while still drawing and painting in my spare time. In 2005 I decided to try my hand at painting full time. Now based in Cambridgeshire, I am a self-employed artist thoroughly enjoying working in my current style.




No comments:

Post a Comment