Saturday 19 December 2015

Felix Faulkner at bGallery with new collections



 Having spent most of my life as a jewellery designer/maker, with a  foray into pottery in the late 1970/ 80's,  I am now revelling in the liberation of paint
As a jeweller I have exhibited extensively both in England and in Ireland where I now live and I am a member of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and  Irish Craft Council registered. Working with metals is generally a precise craft in that one must have a clear idea of the finished piece before starting and the sequence of processes planned ahead. There is therefore not much room for the "serendipitous" discovery or the unexpected "gosh, how did that happen?"
Painting on the other hand has opened up a world of surprises for me and working with colour poses a whole new set of problems and delights, with the bonus of being able to change and develop as one works.











No comments:

Post a Comment