Friday 18 December 2015

Alison Drake joins us at bGallery


I have been painting since I was a young girl and love to use various mediums including watercolour, inks and acrylics. I feel my approach is fresh and free flowing. Painting for me is about passion and the ability to express my feeling through colour and imagination. I love to paint to music and listen to various genres especially 60's and 70's soul and pop. I also draw inspiration from my surroundings, living in the heart of the Yorkshire National Park has given me a great love of the countryside and the flora and fauna that surrounds me. I especially enjoy the abundance of wild flowers in the Spring and Summer. The ever changing scenery and colours even in Autumn and Winter influences my colour palette and ideas for my next project.
I love to teach and I host several watercolour classes and take genuine satisfaction from seeing my classes grow and improve their own skills through dedication and practice.



I enjoy working with different textures and methods and always embrace new ideas, working intuitively and naturally, splashing paint onto a canvas and losing myself in the moment to create unique pieces that I hope people enjoy and take as much pleasure from them as I have in producing them. I exhibit my paintings in several galleries and have had work travel as far as Canada and Australia.





No comments:

Post a Comment