Friday 18 December 2015

Steven Ward's Remarkable Artwork at www.bgallery.co.uk



Steven Ward is an artist from Cobh, Co.Cork, Ireland.
Painting for me is like an emotional journey of colour, light and atmosphere transferred onto a blank canvas. I paint quickly and vigorously to start with to cover the canvas in the basic tones I need, then some details are added to pull the overall composition together. It is important for me not to lose the sense of emotion and life created by the sea, sky and landscape. Bold application of colour through brush strokes, palette knife and fingers is essential for creating the feeling a want to convey.
Some years ago, while taking my father to a water colour class in Comnemara, I decided to sit the class with him. This is what sparked my interest in landscape painting. Since then, I had dabbled in water colours, but not until I attended oil painting classes with renowned artist Philip Gray, pictured on the right of my profile picture at my first exhibition, did I discover the sheer pleasure and raft of emotion that comes from painting in oils. I spent two years under Philip's guidance in his studio which was an amazing journey, and has helped me develop my own style while painting with sheer abandon.So now on my own journey I hope to produce paintings that will capture your emotions and make you smile.
This collection depicts the journey I have been on under Philip's guidance, and now on my own journey. I hope you will enjoy it, as much as I have and will.



No comments:

Post a Comment