Monday 21 December 2015

Alison Franks at bGallery




I hope you enjoy looking at my paintings. I have chosen some from each of the four categories on my website: Anthropomorphic Antics, Jungle Themes, Animals and Fantasy.
I must admit, there is a fair amount of cross-over between the categories in one or two of them: unexpected characters have appeared on the canvas taking what was to be a serious depiction of nature or place for instance, into a whole new realm. 
I got serious about building up my portfolio three years ago. My plan was to demonstrate  my versatility with a variety of subjects.  After a while, each one seemed more enlightening than the last, ideas have flowed like water from an inner well I had previously no idea existed. I never know whether an idea will work, some are still 'works in progress' but I can see growth -crucial, for a self-taught artist.
Creating my quirky images fills me with what I can only describe as joy - please excuse the exuberant language, I don't like to gush - perhaps it's because I love to see other peoples reactions to them, or could it be that I alone know all the hidden secrets behind each one.....?
If you would like to know/see more, go to: www.parallelworldarts.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment