Tuesday 18 August 2015

x Diana Bernice Tackley Exhibits at bGallery

Image

Award winning artist, designer  & broadcaster,
I am so very fortunate to have a studio which is beautifully located overlooking the Trent and Mersey Canal in Barnton, Cheshire. Local surroundings influence much of my work and I really enjoy painting inland waterway scenes although many other subjects in different media also appeal.  I am particularly inspired  by the effect of light on a subject, night or day. I  have been delighted with the response to  my large acrylic canvases depicting dramatically illuminated night time industrial scenes of the chemical works around Northwich. My painting, ‘Nightshift’, was selected from 3000 applicants for the  BBC2 Show Me The Monet 2012 series and I was one of the final 36 winners who exhibited in the Mall Galleries, London, in the Show Me The Monet Exhibition. I have since exhibited in the Congingsby Gallery,  London, with the After the Monet group.
I was previously a freelance designer of wallpapers and furnishing fabrics, exhibiting in London, Paris, Lille, Frankfurt, New York, Seoul and Tokyo. Various techniques  have carried through to my waterway and abstract paintings and I owe much of my versatility and variety of subject matter to my design background.
My enthusiasm and knowledge of local inland waterways led to my greatest challenge to date when I was commissioned to paint the massive 30' x 8' exterior mural which is now on permanent exhibition at the Anderton Boat Lift, Northwich.
Many of my paintings are in private collections in U.S.A. Canada, New Zealand and UK including The Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire, David Briggs MBE and I was honoured with a commission for a painting which was presented to H.R.H. The Duke of Kent at the reopening of Castle Park, Frodsham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment