Sunday 16 August 2015

x Betty Anderson's Beautiful Work - b Gallery

Image
A self-taught artist in oils, I first picked up a brush many years ago, but moves, children and more moves meant that my paints were deeply buried.   It was only in 2008 that I dug out my paints and set to seriously work on my art that had languished.   Not being involved in the "art scene", I had no idea how to exhibit my work but someone saw what I was doing, and set me on a course that has been rewarding and exciting.
I am a Fellow of the Royal South Australian Society of Arts, and member of the Guild of Realist Artists, as well as a number of smaller groups.   I have won a number of prizes, Highly Commended and People's Choice awards, and in 2012 was selected for the Salon des Refuses (the alternate Archibald Prize for Portraiture) and the Black Swan Prize for Portraiture.   I was selected for the Waterhouse Natural Science Prize 2013, and the City of Tea Tree Gully Nature Exhibition.
My real love is portraiture and I would love to paint your portrait!



No comments:

Post a Comment