Wednesday 24 February 2016

Suki Kyme's Passionate Artwork ...


I am passionate about colour and texture, trees and water, so any or all of these can be found in my art work.
I have not settled for any one particular style, which varies from figurative, through semi-abstract, to abstract. Nor do I use only one medium. Having started with watercolour/gouache, I found I needed more variety, so I moved onto acrylics and from there it was a short distance to mixed media, which continually absorbs and challenges me.
The starting point is an idea that excites or interests me and the work develops organically from there, with adjustments made to my original idea in response to what is happening on the paper or canvas.
The place I paint in is my playroom, not my studio! This fact also colours all I do in it and probably shows often in the finished results.
I exhibit my work locally and am a member of several local societies and groups.




No comments:

Post a Comment