Tuesday 13 November 2012

b Gallery art directory welcomes the amazing talents of Darney Willis

Personal Description: I began a serious interest in painting in the summer of 1967. I have been able to do some painting, and a lot of thinking about visual art concerns both formally and philosophically, and a lot of teaching visual art concerns ever since. I earned a Master of Fine Arts, in Painting, from the Univ. of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ar., USA, in 1983; a Master of Arts, in Digital Media from the Univ. of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ar.,USA, in 1998. I am teaching in the Art Department of NW Arkansas Community College where I started teaching in 1990. I live in NW Arkansas with my wife and two of our seven children in a beautiful house, Castle Gate, that I built with the help of my older son and one of my daughters and has been a major studio project for the last 6 years. I am also building a large painting studio which is still waiting to be finished. I am also a five-fold ministry prophet in a local ecclesia.

Work Description: I paint large scale canvases with bold invented color - lyrical and very expressive color passages of natural images viewed so very close up only part of the external contours of the particular images are seen. I don't use the internal natural details normally seen with such a view.
Currently I am painting flower images, mainly from the iris flower. These images are meant to be something other than visual illusions or mimics of iris flowers - they are intended to be metaphors or doorways into visual, emotional, and sometimes even spiritual journeys - into flowerscapes of peace, order, beauty, and unity. They are metaphors of the human condition, of the magnificent yet fragile nature of our humanity and our constant dependence on our Creator for inspiration, protection, nurturing, and restoration. I realize humans are capable of extremely ugly horrible cruel things also, which is worth addressing in paint as well. Presently my work is both a joyful celebration of living, having purpose on this earth, and bearing fruit and also addressing issues that arise on the earth from mankind leaving an intimate relationship with our Creator and thus mismanaging our stewardship of the earth.

Darney_willis_thumb_redmap
Darney_willis_bgalleryprofileimage

To see more of Darney's work and have the opportunity of contacting this talented artist directly ~ Please follow the link below where you will be taken to Darney's own exhibition area at b Gallery art directory ~ Thank you

http://www.bgallery.co.uk/artist-profile.asp?artistid=488

No comments:

Post a Comment