Sunday 13 September 2015

x Heidi Jayne Best and her Beautiful Artwork at bGallery




Through painting and video I attempt to explore physical sensations and psychic emotions stemming from personal experience, female identity, sexuality and the presence of the body. The dynamics between myself and a physical projection through gestural painting are revealed through the growing connection between myself and the environment in which the work develops. My practice draws on memories expressed in a visual language worked out through visceral exploration of painterly surface, suggestion and movement. This passage is at the root of a series of paintings where I hope to reclaim the male dominated realms of expressionist painting through female selfhood and a deeply corporeal connection to the physicality of the materials I work with. It is through this reclamation that I hope to convey my identity within the expressive nature of the creative act. I see this as a ritualistic and almost symbolic method of development where the a physical trace of an artistic presence offers a lingering notion of the critical self-reflection that takes place within my practice dealing with elements of my personality, sexuality and desire.
Heidi Jayne Best  www.heidijaynebest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment