Tuesday 18 November 2014

X Toulla Hadjigeorgiou's Beautiful Art X



I have been painting since I was 12 years old, turned professional in 1996.  My style of work has been influenced by the old masters with favourites being Johannes Vermeer, John Constable, Caneletto and a number of others around the time.   Mediums used are watercolour, oil and acrylic in a fine detailed style, but my aim is not to replicate a photographic image.  My watercolour painting is quite unique in that it is far from a 'wishy, washy' style.  I like to add layer upon layer of paint to produce intense, bold colour.  My work is so detailed, some complex subjects can take several weeks to complete.  I have held solo exhibitions in UK and abroad and been selected for open exhibitions.  Works have been featured in magazines such as Artists & Illustrators, Leisure Painter, Hertfordshire Life and others with interview in Italia magazine.  A number of my works have won awards, been selected and highly commended.  I run art class in my studio, demonstrate for art clubs and societies and tutor for Bucks Adult Learning at Missenden Abbey.  Main commissioned works have been of people, pet, building portraits.  I like many subjects, however, my main interest is architecture and figures which I often include in a cityscape.  
I am presently working on scenes from Tuscany, all including it's architecture.  Almost completing an oil on linen canvas of three foreground figures in Volterra, a Tuscan town.  This work has taken me months to complete.

Image


No comments:

Post a Comment