Friday 25 April 2014

www.davidstephensglassart.co.uk - David Stephens

Image
I was born in Cornwall and have lived here all my life.  I studied graphic design at Falmouth Art College and have been a working designer for 27 years.  I live on the north Cornwall coast, a stone's throw from the beach and the famous Bude Canal nature reserve.  The natural beauty of these surroundings inspire me and I have continued my arts education with further training in slab-built and wheel-thrown ceramics, sculpture techniques, silversmithing and glass fusing (working in the studio of a world-renowned glass artist).  I try to combine various disciplines in my current work with decorative, functional and sculptural elements, various techniques and mixed materials.
I'm a member of the Contemporary Glass Society and, before becoming a full-time glass worker, was a consultant to the architectural glass industry and directly involved in the design of decorative glazing.  This knowledge, combined with my experience in glass fusing techniques, gives me a unique insight into the artistic marriage of architecture and art-glass which I put to good use for my customers.  I am available for commissions and provide design work and comprehensive quotations free of charge.  Please visit my website :- davidstephensglassart.co.uk  to see more of my work or read my blog :- davidstephensglassart.blogspot.co.uk   to read about the philosophy behind my work.
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment