Wednesday 26 September 2012

Angela Cater exhibiting her art work around the world with b gallery art directory.

I have a great affinity with animals, especially cats, which is reflected in my body of work. I want people to see animals as individuals with their own feelings, emotions and personalities. When you see animals this way, it is impossible to be cruel.

I am most inspired by the colours of nature and often incorporate the nature that surrounds me into my pet portraiture. On a clear bright autumn day, I get positively punch-drunk on colour.

As a natural born artist, I need to create in order to feel content and well-balanced.

One piece of art may take me up to a month to complete, so my starting point is generally a photograph. When working in gouache, I will usewith a mid-tone as my base colour, then build up the pictures in layers, working from the darkest shade, through lighter tints to finaly pure white.

I also love working in coloured pencil because it is so portable and immediate. I can achieve a level of detail that I find impossible with any other media.

I know that visitors to my website love to read thee stories behind the paintings. It adds an extra dimension of interest and brings the animal to life.

I want my viewers to feel my love and compassion for the animals I paint and turn that into increased awareness for the creatures that surround them.

Angela_cater_1

Angela_cater_2

To contact Angela about her work she is exhibiting with b gallery art directory ~ Please click on the link below ~ Thank you.

http://www.bgallery.co.uk/artist-profile.asp?artistid=457&button3=Go

No comments:

Post a Comment