Wednesday 3 November 2010

Andrea Helen Carter Exhibition - Preview

Alone at Last
We are very excited to announce that the solo exhibition for Andrea Helen Carter starts tomorrow 4th November and will run for a full two months until 4th January 2011. 

Born in 1941 in Yorkshire, England, Andrea didn't begin painting until 2001 whilst living in the Baltic state of Latvia.  After studying at Latvia's National Acadamy of Art under Professor Alexander Naumovs, Andrea moved to Bermuda in 2003 and completed two courses at the Fine Art Department of Bermuda College.

"My subjects are where inspiration takes me; from a delicate flower to a stormy sea.  My reward is the wonderful feeling I get when someone loves my painting enough to make it part of their own world.  The money for the sale is secondary."

The Aging Warrior
Mainly painting with Oils on Canvas, Andrea is very interested in texture and has used Acrylics, Egg Tempera, Air Brush and Pastels.

"At my easel, brush in hand, I endeavour to convey to canvas my innermost thoughts, feelings, joys and fears."

A preview evening is being held tomorrow - 4th November - from 6.30pm until 9.30pm.  Not only will you get to meet the artist but an introductory 10% off her work is also being offered for preview evening only. Wine and nibbles supplied. For more details leave a comment here or email the gallery at info@bgallery.co.uk.  Further details are also on our facebook page.

I will be meeting Andrea at the preview evening tomorrow, so if you have any questions about her work that you would like to ask, please post them here and I will do my best.  A full interview will be posted soon.


The Blues




No comments:

Post a Comment