Friday 27 February 2015

X Juliet Drewett's work at www.bgallery.co.uk X



Born and bred in Aylesbury, England, and now living in Bedford, England, Juliet’s family, in particular her paternal grandfather was an exquisite painter. “It’s without doubt the colours and shapes in nature that inspire me, and when asked the other day what motivates me to paint, I said quite simply, because it just makes me happy – and I would like to think that’s the case for most, if not all of us, who are lucky enough to take a brush to canvas. Using an acrylic medium I paint large, extravagant and bold compositions of a rich variety of flowers, beach scenes, boats and other genre. I would say flowers and boats are my abiding passions however. Flowers because they’re so diverse, and I suspect that if you were to dream up a flower in your mind then it would probably exist somewhere in the world. And boats because I couldn’t be happier than when I am on the water. Over the years I‘ve exhibited and sold at The New Studio in Olney, Buckinghamshire, taken on commissions for clients, and sold at numerous shows. My last one at Wrest Park, Bedfordshire, I was delighted to sell over forty to the general public.”

No comments:

Post a Comment