Saturday 26 January 2013

Syra Larkin

Syra would like to share this information about her and her work:

Although I endeavour to keep this page up todate if you are considering buying an original piece of work from me I would advise makinng contact with me to make sure the painting is availabe.

Syra Larkin.

I attended Hammersmith College of Art London from 1969- 1973. After leaving Art School I started to learn about the craft of painting and have been learning ever since.
I believe my love of Art to be part of my genetic makeup. My maternal grandfather was a professional artist and my paternal grandfather aspired to be a professional artist.
When I was growing up we had one art book in the house. A large picture book on renaissance art as a child I used to love looking at the paintings in this book and especially Raphael's paintings.
I draw and paint almost everyday for painting is the career that I have chosen and over the past 30 years I have built up a substantial body of work.
In the past 3 decades my work has changed and evolved. Although I believe there is an underlying thread that runs through all of it.
Picasso changed his style with each new love affair my love is constant. The changes for me are more subtle as in the same way as ageing, my hair is no longer brown, there are more lines on my face, I am not as tall, not so slim, My outward appearance and dress has changed with time yet I am still me.
The outward appearance and style of my work may changes but what makes it unique to me is the passion and love for art that I put into my work that comes from my head and heart
.

January 25. 2013
Its rainning not so cold in the studio. Its hard to work with cold hands. Started work on a new painting inspired by a curious young boy I met at the fair in Dromoland on Sunday. Can't quite remember how he looked but I hope I manage to capture a sense of him.

If you would like to see more of my work my Shoreline Studio is open daily and visitors are welcomed by appointment.

If you can't make it to Shoreline studio in person then visit and interact on my FB Shoreline Studio Page.

If you are in beautiful Adare you can find both Originals and Prints by me at Draiocht Gallery Adare Co. Limerick Ireland

Murray Store 142 Crouch Hill N89JT London . Open daily. Now have a small sample of my prints. Please ask to view.

To see more of Syra's work and have the opportunity of contacting her directly ~ Please follow the link below where you will be taken to Syra's own exhibition area at b Gallery art directory ~ Thank you.

http://www.bgallery.co.uk/artist-profile.asp?artistid=240&button3=Go

No comments:

Post a Comment