Sunday 26 August 2012

Valerie Jean Pettifer exhibiting her work at b Gallery art directory

In 2009 I retired from work after a successful 30 year career in the electronics industry, I was looking for a new direction to focus my energies and painting filled the gap. I had always had a natural gift for drawing, but had never had the time, nor opportunity to take it further, so I threw myself into the art world through a combination of work-shops, short courses, visits to art galleries, research and lots of practice!

Then by chance I discovered the world of pastels and fell in love with the luminous colours and the immediousy of the medium! As I become more confident with the medium I started to include acrylic, watercolour and oil under-paintings to give added depth and texture to my work.

In 2010 I started to explore the world of collage/mixed media, painting semi-abstracted surban and coastal scenes. In 2011 I was awarded the Favourite Picture Award at the Grantchester exhibition held by the Cambridge District Art Circle for my collage/mixed media painting titled St Abbs Harbour. I was also accepted for membership of the prestigious Cambridge Drawing Society, thus allowing me to exhibit my work in the Cambridge Guild Hall. Other exhibitions include the Hertford Art Society, Royston, Foxton, Fowlmere, the Tavern Gallery in Meldreth, and of course the bGallery.

I now run two painting holidays a year at Cober Hill, Cloughton, nr Scarborough, as well as designing and tutoring work-shops for the Royston Arts Society, Cambridge District Art Circle, the Tavern Gallery and numerous other art groups.

2012 will also see me taking part in the Cambridge Open Studios in the 2nd and 3rd weekends of July. This is a new and exciting venture for me, and will give the public an opportunity to visit my busy home studio, talk about my working methods, and maybe even purchase new work directly from me.

For more information why not visit the following websites:

www.artinpastel.co.uk

www.coberhill.co.uk

www.roystonartsoc.org.uk

www.camopenstudios.co.uk

http:sites.google.com/site/cambridgedistrictartcircle/

Valerie_jean_pettifer_2
Valerie_jean_pettifer_1

To see more of Valerie's work and have the opportunity to purchase it direct from the artist herself ~ Please click on the link below where you will be taken to Valerie's own exhibition area at b Gallery art directory ~ Thank you

http://www.bgallery.co.uk/artist-profile.asp?artistid=155&button3=Go

No comments:

Post a Comment