Saturday 25 August 2012

Ann Brooks at b Gallery art directory

I became interested in weaving many years ago when living in northern Sweden – lots of my friends had family looms and this is where my interest in textiles was stirred. On returning home I attended the local weaving classes.

Later, when the children had grown up I attended basket weaving and chair seating classes completing the city and guilds certificate at Missenden abbey. Towards the end of the 1990s I returned to loom weaving.

Designs for my work are heavily influenced by many things including my basket making background, walking through the Chiltern countryside with our two dogs and regular visits to the Victoria & Albert Museum.
I generally weave silk scarves and wraps/shawls though my work does include place mats in paper, linen and willow.

I use mainly silk but often incorporate fine merino wool, high twist silk and high twist wool, linen and cashmere.

During the past few years I have exhibited and sold at galleries and other venues in various parts of the country.

To see more of Ann's work and have the opportunity to purchase it direct from the artist herself ~ Please click on the link below where you will be taken directly to Ann's own exhibition area at b Gallery art directory ~ Thank you

http://www.bgallery.co.uk/artist-profile.asp?artistid=8&button3=Go

No comments:

Post a Comment