Friday 29 June 2012

Karen Davies ~ Stained Glass Artist

My business, designing and making stained glass, began twelve years ago when I undertook a course to learn how to repair the stained glass in our "new" Edwardian home. Soon I was making windows for friends and neighbours.

In my work I employ both traditional leading and glass painting and firing techniques, using my kiln.

I also practise the copper-foiling methods devised by Tiffany for his windows.

in 2003, I started making a range of glass decorative items: for example mirrors, hearts, angels and tealight holders as well as Christmas items such as stars, trees and robins.

This side of my business has become an increasingly large part of my work, with interest coming from many sources. I exhibit at shows and fairs.

I try to use very beautiful glass in my products, sometimes even incorporating antique glass.

See more of Karen's work at www.bgallery.co.uk

Unionjack_thm

No comments:

Post a Comment