Tuesday 15 May 2012

Louise Charles-Saarikoski ~ b Gallery art directory artist



“My inspiration comes exclusively from the natural world, and most enjoy capturing animal expression and behaviour.”
I am originally from Gloucestershire, in the UK, but now live in Helsinki Finland with my Finnish husband. However, I sell paintings both in Finland, and the UK, and regularly take paintings to England for exhibition.
I prefer to use pastel on velour paper as I like the soft fur textures I can achieve with this medium. I do however, use pencil, and like to experiment with other mediums.
I take commission work for both domestic animals, and wildlife. For equestrian and pet portraits, I encourage clients to provide reference photographs which provide clarity, and show the true character of their animal. Something only the owner perhaps would recognise. This leads to a more pleasing, and special portrait.
Between commissions, I work on my own projects, using my own reference photographs, which include images from a recent trip to Tanzania, East Africa.
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my site www.louisecharles-saarikoski.com, and if you would like to be kept up-to-date with current projects and exhibitions, please subscribe to my email newsletter http://louisecharles-saarikoski.com/email-newsletter

For the opportunity to see more of Louise's work and purchase direct from the artist herself ~ Please click on the link below where you will be taken to her own exhibition area at b Gallery art directory ~ Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment