Friday 24 October 2014

Romaine Dennistoun at b Gallery art directory



Drawing from life, searching for that defining line that says "eagle" or "elephant", is hugely exciting and utterly frustrating. Learning about my subject, his movements, his characteristics, his personality, is a joy. Then after countless discarded sketches, he may approach and briefly, look at me. Conspiratorially we share something indefinable and unforgettable. And at last the drawing comes.
I have shown my work in all the major national wildlife exhibitions and in 2009 was shortlisted for the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year.
Recently, I have been working closely with the Great Bustard Group and the International Turaco Society.
A few years ago, I discovered that I love teaching! I teach wildlife art workshops to all ages, from primary through to adult education, including young offenders.








No comments:

Post a Comment