Thursday 10 November 2011

b Gallery online Art Directory ~ Welcomes Anita Davies



A graduate of the highly regarded Design Crafts course at Hereford College of Art, I have been making decorative art and jewellery for over 15 years.
My art work draws on the decorative fragmented surfaces of ancient jewellery, reliquaries, frescoes and tiled surfaces. Museums and Art Galleries fuelled my obsession from an early age. As a child I enjoyed piecing things together in my mind and learnt to appreciate highly decorative, elaborate surfaces that had been time worn and broken.
This has shaped the way I design. I prefer abstractions and incomplete images and textures and although my work has no direct narrative it does have a language of pattern, texture and colour. I like to capture the idea of buried treasure in my work, fragments of artefacts that were part of something bigger, which now no longer exist.


To purchase Anita's work
Please clock on the link below:


Go to advanced Search to find Anita and her amazing Art work

No comments:

Post a Comment