Friday 4 March 2011

Art Soiree - Art Nouveau and Art Deco with Naomi.

Thursday 3rd March....
The evening was introduced by Naomi, the setting was in the upstairs art gallery at the b Gallery. Georgina helped with the refreshments and showed guests to their seats. The evening was very well attended and a lovely atmosphere, there was great interactions between Naomi and the guests which made for a superb evening.
The presentation began with a slide show and Naomi explaining the difference between Art Nouveau and Art Deco. For those who already knew about these two art movements it was a trip down memory lane but for the virgin art connoisseurs, like myself a fabulous learning curve.
Naomi's passion and enthusiasm flowed through us all, it was very in depth but understandable at the same time.
When I was first asked to write a 'blog' for the page I thought I would feel out of my depth at a 'Soiree' but how wrong I was. It was a most enjoyable, informative evening. I feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to have been asked to attend .
I felt the evening brought the art to the people and I came away realising I knew more about Art Nouveau and Art Deco than I thought I did.
I am very much looking forward to Naomi's next Soiree.
All events can be seen on the b Gallery web page or our face book page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/B-Gallery/151290631579430

No comments:

Post a Comment